Let’s face it, scrambling an egg is already one of the easiest meals you can make. But what if it was even easier and faster?
- Put 2 tablespoons of oil in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Crack 2-3 eggs into a small bowl, season with salt and pepper, scramble with fork until whites and yolks are thoroughly mixed.
- Have plastic spatula at the ready.
- (caution: this step produces significant amounts of steam) when oil starts to smoke, pour eggs into hot oil.
- Pull cooked egg away from sides and bottom of pan, allowing remaining liquid to come into contact with hot pan.
- Mix and continue until egg is thoroughly cooked, about 10-15 seconds.
The eggs literally have no time to burn, deflate, dry out, or do pretty much anything else in the 30 seconds it takes to do the cooking! And they can’t stick, because the pan is coated with olive oil. You get nice, fluffy scrambled eggs with a total prep and cook time of about 2-3 minutes. Probably could do the entire thing in under 60 seconds if you practiced.